Science Hill Counselors (left to right): Joe McPherson, Kim Thompson, Holly English, Ryan Goines, Suzanne Reaves, Seth Douglas and Josh Jarnigan.
NEW! Starting with the school year 2022-2023
A - Carpenter - Joe Mcpherson - email@example.com
Carr - Fi - Kim Thompson - thompsonK@jcschools.org
FL - JE - Dr. Holly English - EnglishH@jcschools.org
Ji - Mc - Ryan Goines - GoinesR@jcschools.org
Me - P - Suzanne Reaves - ReavesS@jcschools.org
Q - Te - Seth Douglas - DouglasS@jcschools.org
Th - Z - Josh Jarnigan - JarniganJ@jcschools.org
Cap and Gown Orders
Seniors, if you have not ordered your cap and gown yet you need to do that as soon as possible.
Jostens would like all orders to be in by Feb 10!
Click on the following link to order now!
Science Hill High School
Updated Topper Tutoring
Click here to see the Topper Tutoring schedule
West Point Summer Leaders Experience
HIGH SCHOOL JUNIORS - APPLICATION PORTAL OPENS FEBUARY 1st - The West Point Summer Leader Experience (SLE) provides rising high school seniors with a week long immersion into the academic, military, and social life of a West Point Cadet. At SLE, students will explore West Point from all angles, including out high-tech educational facilities, team building athletic activities, and realistic military training. You will get a taste of Cadet Life through the entire program, which is led by current West Point cadets. Here are three ways to learn more: Attend our FB Live SLE Information Brief, Check out some highlights from SLE 2022, and Take a look at our SLE Website.
Click here to open up the application portal.
Science Hill High School – 2nd or 4th block interns needed – Students needed for setting up/cleaning up the coffee shop – ordering supplies, inventory, etc – see your counselor to apply – student attendance and grades will be factored in the application process
JC Convention and Visitors Bureau - (CVB) - This position will provide support to the Visitor Services Specialist at the JC CVB on Buffalo St. The primary responsibilities are: to welcome visitors and provide the information and recommendations necessary to create a memorable visitor experience, maintain the visitor center and support the efforts of the Johnson City Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) as they plan various events in the region. See your counselor to apply.
Mattern and Craig Engineering and Surveyors - JC branch - 5-6 hours a week that may transition in to an apprenticeship opportunity in the future - more info coming soon.
The Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans
In keeping with the mission of the Horatio Alger Association, the scholarship programs provide financial assistance to students throughout the nation who have significant financial need and have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. The scholarships are given to deserving students and range in award value from $10,000 to $25,000. As a reminder, this scholarship is for high school juniors. Students may apply online Dec. 1 - March 15 at scholars.horatioalger.org.
IMPORTANT: In order for an application to be considered complete, the applicant’s counselor must complete a Certification Form online. Please see your counselor for more information or visit the scholarship link here.
2023-24 FAFSA Section-by-Section Videos
The six, 5-minute’ish recordings from the 12th grade family perspective can be found at https://www.collegefortn.org/fafsa/
Click our Scholarship link under "Important Links" to stay up-to-date on the deadlines and information for scholarships.
Senior Year Guide
Attention Seniors! If you would like a step by step guide to help you through senior year, then look no further! CollegeforTN.org has created a in depth guide that will walk you through prepare for life after high school. Click here for more details!
Furthermore, CollegeforTN.org is a great resource for many families and the website contains resources for students of all ages!
College Application and Exploration Month
With College application and exploration month beginning this week, we wanted to highlight some resources that may be useful to anyone that might need a little help starting this process. Click here to get started!
TN Promise/FAFSA/College Apps/Career Help
If you are needing help with any of these topics then we have a resource for you! Braylee Polson is our Niswonger Care Rep and she is a guru with all of these topics. If you would like to setup an appointment with her (students or parents) then scan the QR Code below or send Hello to the phone number below and answer the questions to get connected with Braylee.
Dates To Know:
- October 1, 2022: 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application available at fafsa.gov. Students and parents will utilize 2021 tax year information to file the 2023-2024 FAFSA.
- November 1, 2022: Class of 2023 TN Promise application deadline. Students can complete the application now at tnpromise.gov!
- December 15, 2022: Deadline to complete the UT Promise application for students that plan to attend a UT System institution fall 2023. The application is open now and can be completed here!
- To be eligible for UT Promise, students must meet all TN Promise scholarship requirements, apply for UT Promise on our website by December 15, 2022 and apply for admissions at their UT institution of choice by December 15, 2022.
- You can find all additional UT Promise scholarship requirements by clicking here!
- December 2022-January 2023: Students will attend their mandatory TN Promise meeting.
- Meetings have been assigned based on high school – you can find the meeting schedule here. More information will be sent shortly regarding this requirement!
- March 1, 2023: 2023-2024 TN Promise FAFSA filing deadline for scholarship eligibility.
- July 3, 2023: Deadline to complete and submit 8 hours of community service to tnAchieves.org for the fall 2023 term.