School Counselor - Kelly Medlin, LPC-MHSP
My name is Kelly Medlin. I am a graduate of Michigan State University, which is where I met my husband. I began my career as a high school English teacher. I went back to college and earned my counseling degree. Our family moved to Maryland, where I worked as a middle school counselor. Then we moved to Texas, and I worked as a high school counselor. I have three adult children who are all graduates of Texas A&M. My husband and I moved to Tennessee to be closer to his family in North Carolina. In my spare time, I love to read, bake, and scrapbook.
1. EPSO's week will be the week we return to school! EPSOs stand for Early Post-Secondary Opportunities and we hope to inform the students of all of the opportunities that we offer here at the JCVA during that week. We offer multiple EPSOs at JCVA, including AP classes, DE Classes, and Industry Certifications through the CTE programs. If you have any questions or concerns, talk to your counselor!
2. Not happy with your first 9-weeks grade? Here are a few things you can do moving forward with the next 9-weeks:
- Talk to your specific teacher about why you earned the grade you earned and what areas of improvement you can identify.
- Talk with your parents about strategies at home that can help support your ability to complete homework.
3. FAFSA is putting on a Financial Aid Webinar in the coming weeks. The webinar consists of several sessions between 10/19 and 10/21, including two line-by-line walk-throughs of the FAFSA, sessions about student loans, and more. Once registered through the above link, attendees are given a list of sessions to choose from. Should you want to register for these, use the link below
Scholarship Link - https://www.sciencehill.jcschools.org/1/Content/scholarships