Elementary School Phone Numbers
Lake Ridge (423-610-6030)
North Side (423-434-5249)
Mountain View (423-434-5260)
South Side (423-434-5290)
Towne Acres (423-854-4800)
New Student Registration Information
New students are those who have never attended Johnson City Schools or those who have moved away and did not complete the 2020-2021 school year with us. Registration is open to all students residing in the City of Johnson City and to those students who have been granted tuition status. To speak with a school representative regarding enrollment questions, call your child's school directly or call Johnson City Schools Central Office at (423) 434-5200. Registration checklists are provided below to assist you with gathering the required documentation.
Elementary, Indian Trail, and Liberty Bell Registration Checklist
SHHS Registration Checklist
To register in Johnson City Schools, the following items must be supplied by the registrant:
- Student Registration Form must be completed by the student's parent or legal guardian.
- Proof of Age Affidavit (Examples include Birth Certificate, insurance papers, doctor's records, passports, and adoption records, etc.)
- Parent/Guardian ID
- Tennessee Certificate of Immunization
The state of Tennessee allows the following immunization exemptions:
- In the absence of an epidemic or immediate threat of an epidemic, the requirement does not apply to any child whose parent or guardian files with the school authorities a signed, written statement that the immunization and other preventive measures conflict with the parent’s or guardian’s religious tenets and practices, affirmed under the penalties of perjury;
- A child is not denied admission to any school or school facility if the child has not been immunized due to medical reasons if the child has a written statement from the child’s doctor excusing the child from the immunization;
- A child or youth determined to be homeless is not denied admission to any school or school facility if the child or youth has not yet been immunized or is unable to produce immunization records due to being homeless; and
- Immunization is not required if a qualified physician certifies that administration of the immunization would be in any manner harmful to the child involved.
Elementary Transfer Request
Parents or legal guardians must apply annually for their child’s zoning status, even if they attended Johnson City Schools during the preceding school year.
Johnson City Schools Application for Transfer - Elementary students already enrolled in Johnson City Schools, who live within city limits and would like to attend an elementary school they are not zoned for must apply for a zoning exception. This is NOT for tuition acceptance, please scroll down for our out-of-district tuition information.
Johnson City Schools In-Zone Application for Transfer Form (Application Window: Closed)
Out-of-District Tuition Information
Parents of students who are not legal residents of the City of Johnson City must submit a tuition application to attend a Johnson City School.
The only schools accepting tuition students for the 2021-2022 school year will be:
Science Hill High School – will accept new tuition students
Liberty Bell Middle School – will accept new tuition students
Woodland Elementary– The only new tuition students accepted will be children of employees of Johnson City Schools
North Side Elementary – The only new tuition students accepted will be children of employees of Johnson City Schools
Tuition Application for New Student
Tuition Application for Existing Student
To learn which school your child is zoned for, please visit Johnson City Schools School Zones or call Johnson City Schools Central Office at (423) 434-5200.
For more information, please contact Danise Slayton at (423) 434-5219 or to schedule a school tour.
Tuition Rates (Outside of City Limits)
Inside Washington, Sullivan, or Carter Counties
|All other counties within Tennessee
*Annual Rate - $1,650.00
|*Annual Rate - $2,150.00
*Quarterly Rate - $412.50
|*Quarterly Rate - $537.50
*RATES ARE REVIEWED ANNUALLY BY THE BOARD AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Space availability for transfer and tuition students is determined by the following priorities:
1st priority - In-zone students; 2nd priority - Transfer students already enrolled & in good standing; 3rd priority - Siblings of enrolled transfer students; 4th priority - New transfer students; 5th priority - Tuition students already enrolled in good standing; and 6th priority - New tuition students (includes siblings of present students)
Tuition payments are to be made to Johnson City Schools in the Finance Department at the Columbus Powell Service Center. Current method of payment includes cash, check, or credit card via the Revtrak link on our website at www.jcschools.org. A 3.6129% service fee is added to credit card payments.
For your convenience, first days of quarters are listed here. Tuition is due and payable on the first day of each school quarter. An additional fee of $25.00 may be charged for late payments. Failure to comply with policy will result in dismissal of the student from school.
For Out-of-State tuition rates please call the district tuition office (423) 434-5219.
Last Updated: April 6, 2021